It’s December and India is experiencing its chilly winters. During winter, some parts of the country get covered with the blanket of white snow while some enjoys a pleasant weather with some mild sunshine in its aura. Though, December is the time to celebrate Christmas and New Year, it’s the perfect time for long vacations too. People from several parts of the world start looking for vacation spots, wherein they can enjoy with their family, friends and loved ones. You must be looking for any such place, right? If yes, you can pick India as your travel destination. India will give you so many options that you certainly gets confused.
During winter, India offer loads of places wherein, you can welcome the New Year wholeheartedly. Before planning your vacation in India, be specific with the necessary preparations like health checkups and e visa to India processes. Once you are done with the basic things, you are all set to take the flight to explore India’s top 5 places that are must to see in winter. So, while sitting at your place, you can just check out the top 5 places mentioned here below and mark the list of things, you are going to do when you visit the country.
Here is the list:
- Auli: Let’s begin your journey to India with Auli in Uttarakhand. This must be the ultimate winter destination, which you can’t even think to miss. The snow-draped peaks, the skiing resorts and Auli’s artificial lake is a must to watch during the trip. You can enjoy several things in Auli like the trekking to pristine Himalayas or visit at the artificial lake or ride in longest cable car and so on. The most spectacular view i.e. 360 degree view of the peaks of Himalayas such as Hathi Parvat, Nanda Devi, Mana Parvat and Kamet and Trishul will certainly make your visit. For adventurous people and skiing lovers, January is the perfect time to visit Auli master your skills in Skiing.
- Manali: Manali is the best place to visit in winters. It is quite popular among the travelers due to its snow-capped mountains and stunning valleys. People from all over the world come to experience this beautiful place. During your visit, you can enjoy the hamlets of Kasoli, Rohtang or can go for trekking to Pin Parvati Pass or Hampta Pass. Adventure lovers can find really exciting things to make their vacation like horse riding, tobogganing, skiing, paragliding and lots more. Apart from all this, Manali lets you explore nature with its Great Himalayan National Park. Come to Manali in Himachal Pradesh and don’t forget to take that hot sulphur bath at Manikaran in this chilly weather.
- Great Rann of Kutch: This is the festival celebrated in Gujarat with great pomp and show. Every year, Gujarat visited lakhs of visitors to explore the magnificent Kutch festival. Rann of Kutch is the world’s biggest salt desert. People from all over the world come to visit this biggest salt desert under the full moon light. Every year, during the month of November, December and January, Rann of Kutch celebrates the Kutch festival. You can enjoy tons of activities in this festival. Right from traditional cuisine, shopping, star gazing, desert safari to folk dances and other cultural performances, you can enjoy everything. Along with the above, this festival gives you a unique experience of staying in the tents, which is hard to find anywhere else in the world.
- Gulmarg & Sonamarg: Gulmarg is another best location nestled in Jammu & Kashmir which you must include in your list of places to visit in India in winter. Although Gulmarg remains attractive the whole year round, but in winter, it gives a different glimpse as the entire town gets covered in white snow. This is another best place for skiing as its snow covered peaks, ice-glazed trees and white colored landscapes gives you the perfect feeling of skiing. Apart from the adventurous activities like skiing, trekking and snowboarding, you can fill your heart and your camera with the panoramic view of this wonderland by taking a ride in cable car. Once you are done in Gulmarg, you can drive to Sonamarg and enjoy the frozen lakes and Thajiwas Glacier and enjoy the sledge rides. This place remains capped with snow from November to April.
- Shillong: Come, visit this picturesque hill station and the capital city of Meghalaya i.e. Shillong. This city blooms during winter. It is one of the most fascinating places in winter which is packed with several things. You can find here ancient megaliths, lakes, dense forests, beautiful waterfalls, and cultural heritage of Meghalaya. The city had several great places to explore. Like, you can go to Shillong peak, Umaim Lake, Elephant Falls and Laitlum Canyons. Apart from these city locations, the nearby places are worthy too. You can explore Asia’s cleanest village named Mawylnnong and also experience trekking at David Scott Trail. In short, Shillong had so much to make you stay in the city.
Exploring India will give you many memories to cherish. It’s just that you have to pick the best locations to make your stay in India worthy. In case, you are planning to visit India and already ready with the preparations like emergency visa to India, etc, you can check out the above places and list them in your must –visit list.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, travel to and from abroad is restricted. Very few countries and specialized cases are permitted to enter the country and that too after fulfillment of the implemented rules and regulations. Might be, your visa for India get rejected due to Covid-19restrictions. Don’t lose hope. One day, the things will surely get back to normal and then you can plan your vacation to India.
Till then, keep on preparing yourself for the best vacation experience in this beautiful country. Be safe and keep yourself healthy to beat the hardships of Corona. Try out the basic and necessary advices made by your Government authorities like washing hands frequently, using mask regularly and maintaining social distance. With precautions, you can certainly wipe out the fear of getting caught with the disease.
Hope this corona will end one day and India will receive the greatest footfall of the travelers who want to experience this magnificent place and its lovely locations. Till then, you can search out for different locations to visit in India and slow and steadily make the initial preparations. Hope to see you soon on your flight to India.