Emergency Indian Visa
All You Need to Know About Online Emergency Indian Visa
Travelling from one territory to another requires certain documents and approvals like passport, Visa, and other identity proof. Passport and identity proof is readily available to an individual who desires to travel. However, one cannot travel to another country without a visa. Visa is government-approved documentation that allows an International Traveller to move to another territory for a trip.
Visa defines the period of an individual's journey, i.e., how many days one can stay in foreign borders. Therefore, a visa is essential to ensure a smooth journey. Every individual who desires to have a trip to other countries must apply for a visa beforehand. The government issues various types of visas respectively for different purposes of visit. But, in case of urgency, one may need an Emergency Visa.
What is the Emergency Visa?
The government frames various norms and methodologies to ensure safe travels to other countries like India for the citizen in unpredictable events like the death of close ones, urgent business meetings, etc. An Emergency Visa is a type of Visa that is issued by the government in some specific cases. An International Traveller can apply and wait for an Emergency Indian Visa’s approval under urgent circumstances, which requires the applicant's presence within the Indian Borders.
For instance, the death of a family member or close relative, medical conditions, urgent business issues, or government official works. Situations such as sightseeing, or cross-cultural wedding, an urgent visit to a friend may be included under Emergency Indian E Visa application guidelines.
The government presents an efficient mechanism providing emergency visa issuing services. Therefore, it is comparatively a much faster process After the government approval, the Online Indian E Visa is issued within 1 to 3 days, once the application, required personal documents, and the traveller completes payments. International Travelers must note that they may be subjected to higher visa issue charges if they need an emergency visa to India.
The Emergency Visa is not for every regular traveller, as it is specially issued for travellers who need an urgent presence in another country due to a valid reason. Therefore, the government declares a specific set of conditions under which the International Traveller can apply for an
Emergency Visa to India –
- If an International traveller desires to have a trip to India for specific purposes such as sightseeing, recreation, visit relatives or family and explore for a short tenure of medical issues or business visits.
- The travellers must have a passport with a minimum of six-month validity, with at least two blank pages for stamping by the immigration officer. The passport is one of the primary requirements as the issued Visa is stamped on it.
- An international traveller must have planned his return within his emergency visa's validity, return tickets, or onward tourism tickets, with sufficient money to use during his stay outside his native country.
- Pakistani Passport Holder or International travellers of Pakistani Residents must apply for a regular Visa, as the service of emergency visa is unavailable for them.
- Emergency visa service is not available for applicants with Laissez-passer travel documents or official diplomatic passports.
- Emergency visa service is not available for document holder of International Travel.
- Every individual applying for an emergency visa requires his passport; travelling on a Spouse's or Parent's passport is not entertained by the government.
The government issues an emergency visa service if the applicant is compelled to undergo urgent travel for a specific purpose like a certain death of a relative, business meeting, medical treatments, sightseeing a recreation work, or any other critical issue. Apart from these occasions, no other grounds for issuing an emergency visa are entertained by the government. This service is available for the naturalised foreign citizens of Indian descent.
The Visa is generally issued within 1 to 3 days after the application gets approved. The Visa brings 60 days validity with double entry on a Business and Tourist visa and triple entry based on a Medical Visa. While in the case of Medical visas, special attention can be made on request for six months after the case is analysed by the government officials regarding FRRO/FRO, depending on the merits.
- The regular documents required for the applicant to request an emergency visa are as follows –
- The traveller must fillup an Emergency Indian visa online application form.
- The applicant requires two passport size photos.
- He needs to present a printout of a confirmed air ticket to India.
- The applicant must have a valid passport for a minimum of six months.
- The applicant must present a local address proof such as utility bills or bank documents, or government-issued documents.
- Applicants must submit a Surrender of Indian Passport, or last held Indian Passport or Renunciation of Indian Citizenship Certificate.
Other than the standard documents, the applicants are required to supply some crucial documents defining the purpose of their journey –
Medical Purpose – If the applicant or his family needs emergency medical treatment in India, he must produce proof issued by any doctor or a hospital to the government to justify his travelling purpose.
Death Emergency - If the applicants need to travel to other borders due to their family member or close ones' death, they must produce a legal document portraying their relationship with the diminished person and a copy of the person’s death certificate to justify their travel.
Business Emergency – If there is an urgent business meeting or training for 60 days or less, which was not planned, the applicants need to submit an invitation letter, a letter from the local office, to the government.
Student Visit – If the applicants have an urgent need to undergo an educational event or program in India, within 60 days, they must supply evidence of the event or program to the government. To cross-check the information provided by the applicants, a viva session is arranged by the government officials. And if the applicants' urgency claims are proved wrong, it will heavily impact their visa application’s approval.
Guidelines to apply for Online Emergency Indian Visa
Guidelines for application to Emergency Indian Visa are as follows –
- While applying for an online Indian visa, the applicants must only use the government registered websites as the government warns every individual about the fraud or copy cat website available.
- The applicants must submit the correct personal data and other documents while filling the online visa application.
- To prevent any interruption in visa approval, the applicants must supply the correct mobile number, address proof, email id to the government.
- Any payment method like Debit Cards or Credit Cards is not accepted, other than Cash or Cashier's Check.
- The applicants must have a valid reason to apply for an emergency visa. As if their statement for urgency is proved incorrect, it will be noted, leading to a rejection of their application.
- Government officials do not process emergency Visa applications during National Holidays.