Visiting India has always been a desire of people of Dominica, which is why a great number of Indian visa applications come from this small country. The people from this small nation enjoy exploring the thrilling experience by going to thick forests, indulging in ice-skating in snow-clad mountainous areas and soaking the warmth of the sun on the beaches of coastal areas.
That’s the government of India put this Caribbean nation in the list of eligible countries whose citizens can apply for an India visa online to receive its electronic form on their confirmed email address
We have provided you a list of designated airports and seaports for the Dominica citizen with an electronic visa for entry to India:
There is a list given below of 28 airports in alphabetical order and 5 designated seaports from where the Dominica national can enter India when having a valid e visa for India:
Airports: Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bag Dogra, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Port Blair, Pune, Tiruchirappalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi and Travelkhapatnam.
Seaports: Cochin, Goa, Mangalore, Chennai and Mumbai.
Famous places in India whose beauty is loved by the people of Dominica most:
Some of the best tourist destinations in India are:
- Mussoorie, Uttarakhand
- Kufri, Himachal Pradesh
- Andaman and Nicobar
- Udaipur, Rajasthan
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Rishikesh, Uttarakhand
India and Dominica relations:
The relations between Dominica and India were established in 1981. The trade between these two countries totalled US$1.57 million in 2015-16. In December 2016, 50 people having Indian origin were found residing in Dominica. There are also a small number of Indian families in this Caribbean country
Famous cuisines and beverages of IndiaShikanji, Kandale ka Saag, Rogan Josh, Sambhar Vada, Paneer naan, Bedmi puri, Khasta Kachori, Kahwah, kebab, Bhindi Masala, Kafuli Lucknowi Kebabs, Lassi, Paneer Tikka, Pongal, Kadhi, Phaanu, and the like.
Temperament of Indians:
Soft-natured, welcoming, cooperative and generous.
Things must be kept in mind during your India visit:
- Avoid talking or talk only when it’s urgent, to the people of suspicious and unknown organizations or agencies
- Never, especially when it’s dark, visit unlit or dark areas alone, especially girls.
- Never give money or food to monks, clerics or beggars coming to you for it; you should ignore and stay away from them, as they can be thieves or snatchers.
- Stay away from oily and fried food during your visit, as it may lead to digestive issues.
- Choose the season before visiting India taking into account convenience and present health conditions because some Indian places are very hot, cold and rainy.
- Don’t forget to keep your valid Indian visa in your pocket or purse and show it to officials when asked.
- Always remember to keep some cash in your pocket when visiting backward or undeveloped areas because most small shopkeepers and rural-people accept only cash, not online payments.
- Taking the strict cultural beliefs of Indians into account, never hug or kiss your better half publicly or in family restaurants. And, wear modest clothes when visiting religious places, shrines, etc.
- Don’t forget to remove your shoes or sleepers before going into religious places.
- Always stay in highly-reputed and registered places with trustworthy, clean records and security systems.