People from African countries come to India for medical purposes due to high technology progress in the medical field of India. Furthermore, the hospital staff and doctors of India are not only good English-speakers, but they also don’t have biased behaviour towards other countries’ patients. That’s why the demand for an India travel, especially an e-medical visa for India is always high.
Having taken this fact into consideration, the government of India has made the Indian visa application system online for over 160 countries, and the eligible country list also includes Ethiopia. It means an Ethiopian can apply for an India travel, receive its electronic form on their email address and enter India on the basis of it with other necessary documents.
Designated airports and seaports for the Ethiopian with an electronic visa:
The following is a list of 28 airports and 5 designated seaports from where an Ethiopian can enter the country when in possession of a valid e visa for India:
Airports: Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bag Dogra, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Port Blair, Pune, Tiruchirappalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi and Travelkhapatnam.
Seaports: Cochin, Goa, Mangalore, Chennai and Mumbai.
Famous places in India Ethiopian citizens enjoy visiting:
Some of the best tourist destinations in India are:
- Manali, Himachal Pradesh
- Gir Sanctuary, Gujarat
- Jim Corbett Sanctuary, Uttarakhand
- Andaman and Nicobar
- Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- The Taj Mahal, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
- Wat Thai Temple, Kushinagar
It is estimated that the relations between India and Ethiopia came to being around 2000 years ago. It was the time when these two countries started trading with each other. And, in the present, African people love to visit India, and the thing they love most is the diversity of Indian culture and soft behaviour of its people towards foreign guests.
Famous cuisines and beverages of India: Shimla ki Khatti Dal, Butter chicken, Chhole Bhature, Gushtaba, Sambhar Vada, noodles, Gushtaba, Raita, Lassi, Chur Chur naan, vegetable soup, Kahwah, and the list goes on.
Temperament of Indians:
Warm-hearted, welcoming, cheerful and religious.
What you must know when visiting India with an Indian visa:
- Don’t interact with the people of suspicious and unknown organizations or agencies
- Don’t, especially after sunset, go to unlit or dark areas alone, especially girls.
- Never give money or food to monks, clerics or beggars coming to you for it; you should ignore and stay from them, as they can be thieves or snatchers.
- Avoid having oily and fried food during your visit, as it may lead to digestive issues.
- Pick the season before visiting India for your convenience because some Indian places are very hot, cold and rainy.
- Always keep your valid Indian visa in your pocket or purse to show it when asked.
- Never forget to keep some cash in your pocket every time when out because most small shopkeepers and rural-people accept only cash.
- Taking the strict cultural beliefs of Indians into account, don’t kiss or hug your better half publicly or in family restaurants. And, wear modest clothes when visiting religious places, shrines, etc.
- Remove your shoes or sleepers before entering religious places.
- Stay in only widely-known and registered places with trustworthy, clean records and security systems.